CLERK to the PARISH & RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
Waldridge Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self – motivated person to fill the role of Clerk to the Parish Council and Responsible Financial Officer (RFO).
This is a part time opportunity to work with and support the local council of Waldridge in Chester le Street with the flexibility to work from home. The Role of Parish Clerk is required to support councillors by:
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements
- Manage the Council finances
- Providing administrative duties and functions to the council
To be successful in this role you will be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent literacy and IT skills
- Have excellent administrative and financial management skills
- Offer support and advice to Councillors
- Be a good communicator
- Have a genuine interest in community provision
- Have (or be willing to study for) a relevant qualification in clerking for a Parish
Knowledge and experience of Local Government structures and finances is preferred but not essential for the right candidate as full training and support will be offered. The role is offered on a 12hrs a week contract with some flexibility as to when these hours are worked. A full record of hours worked will be required. The salary is bench marked at: SPOT salary of £12.78 per hour for candidates who have the CiLCA qualification.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you please send your CV and covering letter to our Locum Clerk, Ian Heaviside email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 25th Jan 2021.
For an informal discussion with the Chair please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your details.
Because of Covid-19 restrictions interviews may be held virtually.